as you already noticed i switched to Octopress! i’m so happy with this change, on the road i learned a little ruby and a whole new web tools, so switching from Wordpress to Octopress it’s not hard at all, my customizations to Octopress were the following:
- to redirects my old posts to the new octopress format we use a nice tool called rack-rewrite so in my config.ru i have something like this:
1 2 3 4 5
- added a side bar plug-in to list my categories with octopress-tagcloud.
- for comments, i imported all my wordpress comments into disqus, also they have nice tools to migrate threads.
- now i’m hosting this blog on heroku!
- also we use the custom-domains plugin-in heroku.
special thanks to @homerosousa for help me out with this transition XD